Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm sure letting EVERY kid I know see this one!

Puyallup Girl Sentenced In Drug Overdose Death

POSTED: 11:54 am PDT August 26, 2008

EVERETT, Wash. -- A 19-year-old Puyallup woman was sentenced to nearly two years in juvenile detention for providing the drug Ecstasy to a 16-year-old friend who died of an overdose.

The woman, Donalydia Huertas, was 17 years old when she gave the drug to Danielle McCarthy of Puyallup during a New Year's Eve party.

Huertas failed to seek medical attention after McCarthy became ill.

She was eventually taken to Stevens Hospital in Edmonds where she was pronounced dead on Jan. 1, 2007.

Huertas was found guilty last June of controlled substance homicide and second-degree manslaughter. She was sentenced Monday in Snohomish County Superior Court to remain in custody until she is 21.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. (I hope I'm not in trouble for re-publishing this, or whatever it is I've done....:) I'm only trying to help.. OK?
SOURCE: KIROTV.com