Monday, September 8, 2008

Kanye West's LOVE LOCKDOWN at MTV's VMA's

OMGosh!!! That SONG WAS AMAZING ~ FABULOUS ~ You name, it was it!!! I am 54, my son turned me onto Ye just before he was killed by a drunk driver in 2004. We played Jesus Walks over-and-over while his friends passed the casket (it took over an hour). Of course, Kanye has been a fav of mine ever since. I’m pretty hip anyway, having founded a program for high-risk youth, providing positive activities & educational assistance and housing to teen moms too.
I went to Glow in the Dark TWICE, once in the 6th row! AMAZING….. Since my son was a rapper & producer and told me BEFORE Jesus Walks was released, “This Kanye is going places Mom!” and MADE us all go upstairs to the office to listen to EVERY WORD of Jesus Walks and put it on his cell the DAY B4 THE CRASH!
I was tired as heck and sat down to watch the VMA’s and wasn’t so into the host so I fast-forwarded to the end to see YE. My mouth was hanging open. It was an awe-inspiring performance! Out of the BOX. His SUIT, the Beating Heart, the stunning background, DRUMS, it was ALL just an amazing production and I was SHOCKED and dang near brought to tears.
Kanye has another #1 HIT on his hands if you ask me!!!