Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim Russert YOU WERE A GREAT MAN

I HOPE YOU REST IN PEACE, and GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY.
I HOPE THAT SOMEHOW GOD GIVE THEM STRENGTH
ALL THE KIND WORD COMING FROM EVERY CORNER OF THE GLOBEMUST BRING YOU COMFORT...

Mr. Russert, you were the PERFECT host for MEET THE PRESS. I am a pretty hip, but EVERY involved 54 yr old MOM, GRANDMA, AUNTIE DeeDee, FRIEND to MANY, community activist, mentor, honest, funny, politically involved citizen of a relatively small county (about 130,000) in the Pacific NW.

I have watched MTP for YEARS, but more the last few years and a lot more since your book came out. It really humanized you. Plus, I've been disabled since 2003, so I get to watch a lot more TV than I used to. Never had the free time on my hands that I do now (and it's not something I like, but my health is awful- pain, breathing, no energy YUK!!!) Now, I spend a lot of time on the couch watching CNN, and Sunday mornings are almost always tuned to MTP. If it's not there that I see you, I see you as a Special CNN Correspondent. You have turned into quite the IN-TER-VIEW-ER!!!

WELL, like Kanye says: JESUS WALKS.....

Say hello to my boy.. PLEASE. I miss him SO................................... MUCH!!! I am getting ready for his 4th Annual Memorial Gathering, Wednesday, July 9. It's been four years since THE CRASH. Doesn't seem possible that it's been four years since I've seen my beautiful, beautiful boy. My BEST BEST FRIEND. I miss his phone calls. Every day when he'd wake up, if I wasn't home, he'd call, "Where ya at? When ya gonna be home? What's up for dinner? Hey did you see that such and such got arrested???" :) We sure kept up on the police reports and the sports pages together.

Like Tim, his father, and son and his wife of course, and how close they were, I was to my boy, so I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW.... A shocking, unexpected passing like this hits you like a ton of bricks. I got through it OK and helped everyone else, then about two or three weeks after I fell apart. It's really taken me about three plus years and I'm finally trying to get back involved in some community activities, as best I can. But, I'm not well, so that has made it more difficult for me, and other hurtful extenuating circumstances.

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH TIM'S FAMILY, FRIENDS, all of his COLLEGUES, AND ADMIRERS AROUND THE WORLD. We have lost a great man this Tim Russert!

Tim I salute you!