Tuesday, June 3, 2008

TODAY IS THE DAY

I've kept quiet, just in case my son checked in here, but TODAY he and I are driving 110 miles to Portland to see Kanye and the Glow in the Dark concert with Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D., Rhianna and Kanye's unbelievable GLOW IN THE DARK lost-in-space one-man performance.

My son still has NO IDEA where we are going. In fact, even though I've been telling him for weeks we had something to do today, and again on Sunday not to go out and get drunk and have a hangover today (he's 26). When he went to bed at 4 am, (I was sleeping on the couch, and he woke me up,) I said, "You have to get up at 11 to get ready, we're leaving at noon," he said, "WHAT????" "I told you, we've got something to do today," and he trucked off with the dog to go to sleep. I had told him on Sunday we'd be leaving at noon, so he couldn't say ANYTHING! He'd had PLENTY of warning!

I was at the tour's first show in Seattle on April 16, with my step-daughter WAY up on the side of the stage. We really couldn't see the light show very well, so THIS TIME, I got 4-star seats in the first 20 rows. You don't find out where your seats are until you pick them up the day of the show.

SO, I'm hoping N.E.R.D. plays Everybody Nose. I just LOVE that song. I bounce around the house doing my chores to it. My E met Pharrell up at KUBE radio in Seattle back in 2003 I think. Could have been 2002. He was up there with Matt who did commercials for them.

Well, doubt I'll have time for any other posts today. GOT TO GET READY TO GO! It's raining and I don't even know what to wear....