Monday, January 28, 2008

It Snowed (an inch or two) It's the Pacific NW we don't EVER get THAT much at sea level

I went out on Saturday morning and got my two cars all prepared, just in case it snowed. Drove up to Costco for more antifreeze, as the last time I drove my (I actually inherited it from Ernie) 94 Jeep Cherokee the "check engine' light came on. I thought maybe it was low on water/antifreeze, and I should have before now, gotten that taken care of. But, with a month of migraines, I haven't done much of anything lately.

Anyway, it took a bit of fluid, not that much, but it looks like there may be oil in the water/antifreeze receptacle. Instead of just "green" there was a little red oilish film floating on top. DANG, I hope the block isn't cracked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will SHIT BRICKS (excuse my French) That's funny that we say that. My son just called me from work a few weeks ago and asked, "Why do people say, 'Excuse my French,' when they cuss? Is it because the French cuss a lot?" I had to say I really didn't know and I thought that was the answer.

Back to the Jeep. I just put a new radiator ($500), and a bunch other stuff last fall , getting it all up to snuff for the winter. It's a 4-wheel drive and because it was Ernie's, I REALLY want to keep it, so I pray that it's not too messed up. A cracked block means NEW ENGINE! OMG!