Sunday, January 27, 2008

SAG Awards (Screen Actors Guild)

Woo Hoo!!!
The Sopranos has, so far, cleaned house. James Gandolfini and Edie Falco won for Best Actor & Actress in a Drama Series and it also won for Best Ensemble in a TV Drama Series. I was sitting here clapping all by myself on the couch with my three dogs.

I love award shows. I'm sort of a movie buff. Never miss the Academy Awards, Grammy, Emmy's ETC. The only one I'm not really into in is the Tony's. And that's probably because I'm POOR and have never been to NEW YORK, and haven't seen a play - probably since the Junior Program's when I was in Junior High School. Or, was it grade school? Anyway, I'm happy that the Sopranos went out with a bang - or should I say blackout :)...

Ernie, Nels and I would all get together on Sunday's at 6:00 p.m. to watch, not only the Sopranos, but most all of the old HBO series, The Sopranos, OZ, and of course, The Wire (season 5 is going on right now, and OH MY GOSH, Proposition Joe just got killed off by Marlow. You should have seen it. My son and I could NOT BELIEVE IT!!!) The Wire is one of the best shows on television. An OUTSTANDING portrayal and the most true-to-life show I've EVER seen about how life really is for high-risk/street youth, the police, local government and now the newspaper press. Kudos to THE WIRE!!!! Between it and The First 48 I can't decide which is my current favorite show.

Javier Bardem has just won for No Country for Old Men. I haven't seen that yet. I don't get out much, not much energy, so I wait till they come out on DVD, or On Demand/cable. My son did take me to see American Gangsters with Russell Crowe & Denzel Washington. One of the Best Movies I've ever seen (I say that every year or so). Like for CRASH.... I could go on-and-on.

I'm off to watch the rest of the show. Before I go: No Country For Old Men has just won for Movie Ensemble. It's supposed to be real violent - horrifying, so it makes me a bit hesitant to go see it, I mean I haven't even watched Saving Private Ryan yet. I can watch Dr G, and The First 48, but scary movies I just cannot watch. I have nightmares. Isn't that weird. Whenever someone's about to do horrible damage to a human being, I cannot watch. I just can't take it. I can watch how they catch bad guys, but not movies about the bad guys doing the bad stuff.

There I go again. Blah Blah Blah. Now, my TV's on the Closer. I like Kyra too. Although I don't watch her show that often.

I'm outta here. All I have here are DOGs. I guess Blogs make you feel like you're talking to SOMEONE.... sorta funny. At least the computer doesn't talk back :)