Friday, January 25, 2008

Washington Post Endorses Hillary

Saying, "Mrs. Clinton has more than cleared that bar, using her years in the Senate well to immerse herself in national security issues, and has won the respect of world leaders and many in the American military."

The Democratic editorial contrasts Clinton and Obama -- calling her "the brilliant if at times harsh-sounding senator from New York" and him "the incandescent if still undefined senator from Illinois."

The Times went on to say Clinton "sometimes overstates the importance of [her] resume," but that upon hearing "her policies and answers for America's big problems, we are hugely impressed by the depth of her knowledge, by the force of her intellect and by the breadth of, yes, her experience."

New York is one of a host of states that will vote during the February 5 Super Tuesday primaries.

When I got an e-mail from Obama on my Black Planet account, I wrote back: I believe you have a great future, but I do not believe you have the experience to be President of the United States - YET!

Yes, I'd like to see a PERSON OF COLOR in the WHITE HOUSE, but one who's ready, and in my opinion Barack Obama is NOT READY. Get a few more terms, not just ONE TERM in the Senate, and THEN run for the biggie!



As a white woman, who was married to a black man, and who raised a mixed son (a WONDERFUL young man who was killed by a drunk driver at 25 yr, in 2004), I raised my son to be a proud and SMART Black man in America. Don't put yourself in positions to get harrassed by the police, or stress out your neighbors, thinking this or that. Just because you have the RIGHT to do this or that, be SMART about it. I recently told a young man in my care - you are black and you should not be just riding your bike around for no reason after dark. You put yourself out there to get harrassed by cops, and what might the neighbors think you are up to? Unless you have somewhere to go, you don't just go riding around at 16. Now, other Black Parents might say, 'you are telling him he can't do this or that because he's black.' No, I'm teaching him to be a SMART black man in America. That's just the way it is! My Ernie got harrassed and harrassed and harrassed by local law enforsement from the time he was 14. Not to mention, I may know things about this 16 yr old that those other Black parents do not know: like this 16 yr old may already have theft issues and I am also protecting my neighbors from this young man and not putting cheese in front of a mouse's nose!