Monday, March 24, 2008

Davidson upsets Georgetown

SO... Davidson beat my Zags, now they've beat Patrick Ewing Jr and Georgetown Hoya's. Becoming, at least in my eyes, this year's CINDERELLA! And, I'm the Cinderella babe!

I love to root for the underdog, and especially when the underdog is YOUR team!

It was GREAT GREAT GREAT watching my Gators upset Ohio State in January 2007 in the BCS Tostitos Championship Game. WHEW WEE! What fun!!! I'm lucky the cops don't show up at my house during some games. Screaming and yelling. I'm the worst of all. And, I cuss like a sailer sometimes. This year for the Superbowl, with Eli Manning, (Peyton being one of my "boyfriends", I HAD to root for his brother, you know.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



TOSTITOS BCS CHAMPIONSHIP FLORIA GATORS AFTER UPSETING OHIO STATE 41-14 Jan 2007


For the February 2008 SuperBowl, I taught my dog ELI, named after my son who passed (initials) who's a 2 1/2 yr old Jack Russell, and who LOVES to howl, a new trick for the game.

All he has to hear is TWO notes of the theme song to Law and Order and he JUMPS up, his head goes back-and-forth and he starts howling and howling (like at the moon.) I MEAN EVERY time. It just cracks me up.

He'll also howl if he hears me singing Happy Birthday. Well, I decided to teach him to howl for the SuperBowl. I taught him to howl whenever I threw my hands up in the air and yelled TOUCHDOWN! He'd HOWLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! It was so....... funny! It just tickled me to death.

But when it came time for the game, it really annoyed (in a funny way) my nephew who was rooting for New England, and their perfect record. But, ME, I was rooting for New York, Eli AND Miami! (did ya have to think about that one????) Miami, hum???

It was GREAT at the end of the game when we finally took over and won, me and ELI howling and yelling for ELI!!! FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!!

Back to Davidson. That may well be their last horrah, though. They face the all time powerhouse AND number one seed, North Carolina next in the Sweet 16, along with the Washington State COUGARS, WHEW WEE COUGS!!!. I'm wishing them all luck that's for sure. Going to the Sweet 16 is something to tell your grandkids about, that's for sure!

Yeah, I didn't forget about the COUGS.... I'll get to them before the weekend.