Saturday, March 15, 2008

OK, Somebody Needs to Make a Commercial Showing America

Those rants by Obama's "former?" pastor/mentor, OMG!!! Watch this You Tube ABC News report on Rev Jeremiah Wright.


This is NOT OK with me. I mean, I have been a part of the Black community for 33 years. I married a man who was Black in 1975, and raised a BEAUTIFUL son, killed in 2004, by a drunk/drugged driver at age 25. Although he was of mixed race, all (that is how it goes) considered him Black. Even the forms he had to fill out had no place for a person of mixed heritage. However, he always claimed both his races. "I'm Black AND Caucasian."

I joined a church in 1985 (still belong), my boys were in the Easter & Christmas plays, etc., and as they got older took them to all kinds of churches, Catholic, Baptist, etc., BUT I kept them far away from churches like Rev Wright's. I did not want their minds filled with racist hate. Probably why at Ernie's HUGE funeral there were people of every color and age, and the pastor made note of just that. So many PARENTS got up and there and spoke so wonderfully of Ernie, it was heartwarming. How he had made such an impact on their kids. He loved everyone and everyone loved him. He ALWAYS had a smile on his face. His friend told me the other day, you can't have the E without the D. I took that as such a compliment.

Now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE gospel music, and had a Baptist minister from a church with a mostly Black congregation do my son's funeral, and also had a woman from that church sang Amazing Grace, but I feel certain that this kind of Rev Wright nonsense is not what Martin Luther King had in mind in his I Have A Dream Speech.

On Rev Martin Luther King's Holiday, the kids did not have to go to school. Did my kids get to sleep in and hang out? HECK NO! We ALWAYS did something for the community and we went to whatever event the community had planned for Rev King. One year my youth program participants got up on stage in their dress blues (so to speak), even the ones with stage fright, and each read one thing that had happened to, or a great thing Rev King had done in his lifetime. High-risk kids up there participating in the Rev Martin Luther King Day Celebration. It was GREAT! Now, back to Rev Wright.

Rev Wright is Obama's proclaimed "mentor". Obama named his 2006 book after one of Wright's sermons "THE AUDACITY OF HOPE". Obama has attended that church for over 20 years. Wright even married the Obama's, and baptized both of their daughters. Obama CANNOT NOW say he has not heard this rhetoric. 'Oh, I was not there when he said that!' PLEASE! His wife even alluded to some of these Wright comments in a recent article.

If Hillary attended a church for even ONE year that spoke of Blacks, the way Obama's church speaks of Whites, she would NOT be in this campaign! I mean look what happened to Geraldine Ferraro this week. No one can say one word about anything Black and he or she is chastised. You are playing the race card.. Blah blah blah... NOW LOOK at this!!! OMG! His spiritual mentor for 20 YEARS!!! He did not know, give me a BREAK! HE should resign RIGHT NOW as far as I am concerned.

The more I think about this the madder I get!!!

Mr/Sen. Obama, you cannot have it both ways....

Go see it for yourself. I am just asking everyone to do your homework BEFORE you decide. Be an informed voter, PLEASE!

If Obama is nominated, the Republicans will tear him up in the general election. AND then we will have four or eight more years of the Republicans, and it will be the fault of Oprah and everyone else that did not do their homework. I did mine a year ago. DID YOU???

All of you, who know me, KNOW for a fact that I am the farther thing from prejudiced. Never have been and never will be. My father taught me that. I am not a person who doesn't want a Black in the White House. Let Colin Powel run and I'll be his campaign chairperson, but this guy (Obama) ain't it!