Monday, March 17, 2008

I LOVE the Florida Gators! But, it's just the NIT this Year. I remember when...

Florida Gators' 2006 & 2007 National Championship Team Center and NOW a $2 Million plus per year Rookie drafted in the first round by the Chicago Bulls Joakim Noah has been getting an average of 5.6 PPG and fifth on the team in rebounds at 5.2 a game. He's playing about 18 minutes per game.

I still love my Huskys, but I'm also a GATOR fan now, thanks to my ??? (Geez.... I don't know what to call him,) anyway, WE love the Gators. I even took him to the annual Gators v Bulldogs football classic in Jacksonville in Oct '06. I got GREAT pics and we won to top the day off perfectly! Jacksonville was beautiful AND I got to see my Jenny who was one of my MAIN girls in my youth program back in '97. It was a BLAST! AND, then the Gators went on to win the Football National Championship against the oddmakers choice in Jan 2007 beating Ohio State BIG TIME. GREAT GAME!!!

PLUS, to make matters even better, Tim Tebow, who when I saw him was a Freshman and shared QB duties with senior Chris Leak, won the Heisman Trophy for the 2007 season. FIRST TIME EVER a Sophomore has won it. And I saw him play IN PERSON. Pretty COOL!!!

Back to B-Ball. (Wouldn't want to confuse anyone, Urban Meyer is the football coach, and Billy Donovan is the men's B-Ball coach.)

Billy Donovan's head-in-hands at the end of the game was telling last week. After going all the way the last two years, this year he won't even make it to the Dance. Go on vacation Billy. You lost dang near your whole team dude! (Seniors) Green, Horford, Noah ...... Give yourself a BREAK. Things'll be better next year.

I'm following your boys.