Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm SO..... Sad! One of my, (you know, in MY mind Boyfriends) Just Retired :(

Brett Favre has called it quits. I am bummed! I love him to pieces. He is so cute, and such a great QB. I've been a Green Bay fan since I was a little kid. First, my favorite color is green, so there you have that. Then, Bart Starr was the QB back then and he had the same name as Ringo Starr, and I was a HUGE Beatles fan, and there you have that. That's what makes an 8 yr old a fan! Funny, huh?

My dad started taking me to Husky games when I was about 5. He and my mom are alumni, and they had season tickets. My mom was sick a lot, so I got to go. Such fun and what a way to learn to love football. We sat near the student section, and that was a hoot! I've never seen the Husky's lose in person, and one time we were supposed to lose to UCLA. It was Homecoming. My dad told all his cronies at Vito's, where we'd meet and take the bus from, that I was good luck. Well, we won and I had about 20 Shirley Temples in front on me when we got back to Vito's. What memories.

Anyway, I'm still so bummed about Brett. He did SO.... well last year I thought he'd come back for sure. BUT, now that I think about it. I guess it's better to go out with a bang, than to hang on too long. I'm sure going to miss him though. What a cutie!