Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Obama's Speech WAS Great...

Just as I thought it would be, even better than I expected. BUT, and you knew there was going to be a but, I now think, rather than be the President, he should WORK hard to help these issues of race in America.

He gave a great speech on the these issues. The thing he DID NOT answer was WHY HAS HE CONTINED TO attend this church for 20 years. Rev. Wright seems very predjudiced from what I've heard.

Sen Obama used the analogy of his White grandmother to Rev. Wright, saying she had on more than one occason spoke of her fear of Black men who pass her on the street. Which can in NO WAY compare to what Rev. Wright has said. That's for sure.

I raised a Black son, but there have been a WHOLE lot of times where "some" Black people, and some White people, and some Asian people, and some Mexican people, etc., have scared me. So, for him use that as a comparison is not EVEN the same.

Let's not forget that this county has millions of very poor white, hispanic, and every other race, not just poor Blacks. It's always ticked me off that there's a United Negro College Fund. PLEASE PLEASE don't get me wrong. I TRULY think the UNCF is a GREAT, GREAT organization!!

BUT, if we had a United White People College Fund for poor White folks, the Blacks would be UP IN ARMS! 'Let us in your golf clubs, etc., you can't do that.' But they can have their own college fund? And, no one's supposed to say anything? Don't forget that although I'm white, I'm sorta half something myself, being in a racially mixed family. SO I feel I can ask these questions without being looked at as a racist.

There are SO many REALLY REALLY poor whites in the this country, who is standing up for them, for goodness sake? I only heard Sen Obama speak of the middle class, he didn't say one word about all the REALLY poor whites. It seems all you hear about are the Hispanics, Blacks, and the middle class, but no one talks about the poor white folks. Where's their voice?

So, let Sen. Obama show us some sermons where Rev. Wright preaches unity and love for all races, and not just love your Black neighbors. The Church I took my boys to welcomed EVERYONE!