Friday, May 16, 2008

Are you into Baseball? Check out Diamondbacks' Brandon Webb

SOURCE: ESPN.com
PHOENIX (AP) -- Mr. Automatic was at it again. Backed by Stephen Drew's career-high four hits, Brandon Webb became the major leagues' first nine-game winner when the Arizona Diamondbacks defeated the Colorado Rockies 8-5 on Thursday night.
Webb (9-0) has won his first nine starts, the most since San Diego's Andy Hawkins won his first 10 in 1985, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Webb has won 11 straight starts dating to last September.
Ace Brandon Webb has opened the season with nine straight wins, the best start to open a season since 1985. He's also 12-0 in his last 13 starts dating back to last season.

"It's pretty amazing," Webb said. "It's getting to be amazing. Things are just happening."

Pretty COOL, I say! I love it when the kids (anyone younger than me is a kid, OK?) come outta nowhere and all the sudden we have a new SUPERSTAR...

I sorta watch the Diamondbacks, anyway. They took OUR "UNIT". I have pictures of Randy at "THE DOME", me Ernie & Nels when he got his 3,000 strike out. The screen was going crazy. It's COOL he's still going too. Just back from elbow surgery, I think.