Thursday, May 8, 2008

A little less Serious, My "BUDDY" Roger accused of YEARS long AFFAIR

NEW YORK -- Saying "all is fair game," lawyers for Roger Clemens' former personal trainer Brian McNamee say they intend to capitalize on allegations of an extramarital affair involving Clemens and a country music singer in defending a defamation suit Clemens filed against McNamee. SOURCE/whole article: MLB

AND
ROGER ISN'T WANTED FOR OLYMPIC TEAM -
GO FIGURE!
NEW YORK -- Roger Clemens isn't welcome on the U.S. Olympic baseball team.
U.S. general manager Bob Watson said Wednesday that he isn't considering the 45-year-old right-hander for his roster for the Beijing Games.
"From my standpoint, we don't need that type of distraction," Watson said.
In addition to his duties as vice president of on-field operations for Major League Baseball, Watson is general manager of professional baseball operations for USA Baseball and works to select manager Davey Johnson's roster.
A former GM of the Houston Astros and New York Yankees, Watson said he didn't anticipate being overruled by higher-ups.
"I have not talked to the commissioner. I have not talked to [MLB chief operating officer] Bob DuPuy, nor have I talked to his agent, but I just think the distraction that he's carrying right now, from my standpoint, we don't need that," Watson said. SOURCE/whole article: ESPN