Sunday, May 18, 2008

OOOPPPSSS!!! to WHAT's UP at MY HOUSE.....


That was Sue Simmons, NBC News Anchor, just so you know. Insiders say she has a "drinkie drinkie" issue between on-air shows, going down to a local eatery. An employee said, "She comes in between shows. She doesn't get sloshed sloshed, just HAPPY." The one article I read said her drinking is noticed by the other staff.

I'll tell you what. If I worked with someone who talked to ANYONE like that, and I found out they were drinking during the day/on the J.O.B., THEY'D BE GONE TO TREATMENT RIGHT NOW!

Now, besides the substance abuse issue, I AWAYS say.... "You have to know when and where to cuss." I told my boys when they were little, "If you guys cuss outside with your little friends that's one thing, BUT if I EVER hear a bad word out of your mouth, or if you EVER say a bad word in front of one of my friends you little rear ends will be mine!"

I now think that was a really good way to do it. It gave them freedom to make choices. To figure out for themselves when it was appropriate. And, they really followed it, surprisingly, because I had quite the potty mouth. MAN be around me during a football or basketball game and HOLY COW, "GET THAT M****F***"

Now, I think Ernie got two bad spankings in his whole life. Once for stealing a $5 bill out of my purse to go to summer camp in the 1st grade, (I pulled the car over on E Bay Drive and gave him a whoppin' right then and there,) and once for standing in a mud puddle up to his shins in his brand new $30 tennis shoes in about the 2nd grade. (I was barely making ends meet back then and that was probably the first pair of relatively expensive shoes I'd bought him and the next day I drive home from work and there he is standing in a mud puddle, I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. I LOST IT, SPANKED HIS BUTT!)

Of course I did an occasional paddle on the butt when they were little, but I WAS NOT a spanker. The way I parent, I just don't find it necessary. I got into a battle with one of my grandson's mother's last year about her beating my 5 year old grandson with a belt. I told her I would call the police on her if she did it again.

I HAVE THE TIME OUT CHAIR! (AND, I rarely have to use it!!!) One minute per year. If they're 3-yrs old, then three minutes on the chair. It's real cute. A little chair that sits in my extra bathroom, it has a little boy painted on it with a band aid on his face. He just looks like a little bada**.

I take care of A LOT of kids. Kids from my Moms' House & YUP! programs. My friends' kids come hang out with me. I babysit. My whole house is a house for kids. Kids of ALL AGES, from infant to 20's. PlayStation to playpens and highchairs. A pop-up book collection, huge choices of arts & crafts, coloring books to computers with accounts paid to download unlimited music, MP3 players and CD, DVD burners to take home 10-20 new CDs with all the NEWEST "joints".

Moral of THIS story..... Don't USE alcohol or drugs at WORK!!!!!!! You want to be in your BEST FRAME OF MIND when you are at work, ALWAYS. People depend on you!!!!

2) Try not to cuss at all, but if you do you HAVE to KNOW when it's appropriate and WHEN IT'S NOT! (And, if you are sober it's easier to differentiate!)