Saturday, May 17, 2008

BIG Brown Wins Preakness ~ Onward to the Belmont

Affirmed was the last Triple Crown winner in 1979. I remember Seattle Slew, I think I may have even gone to see Seattle Slew at Longacres. Longacres is Long Gone. Now, it's Emerald Downs. Down the road a bit. (Southbound SR 167 from Renton heading toward Puyallup)

Emerald Downs is near Auburn. It's the Seattle area's new (like 10 years new [geez time flyz]) horse racing facility. It really is BEAUTIFUL, but it's probably been 20 years since I've been to the track.

I used to go to Longacres with my first husband, back in my "TEENS", yes I was married in my "TEENS", crazy to think about now. My mom's boyfriend hung out at the "TRACK" he was "ITALIAN" and "rich" I guess. So, we'd all go to the track quite often. I'd also go to the TOP FUEL/DRAG Races. My mom's secretary's husband was on a top fuel crew and her sister was the girlfriend of JERRY RUTH. Crazy thinkin' 'bout all that...

Jerry Ruth was a top fuel driver, and one of the best. It was SO COOL getting to be in the pits with all the drivers and COOL people, geez I was barely 13, 14 years old. Robin & Lenore (the two sisters) both had kids and they had their kids in my swimming classes for years. (I started teaching swimming when I was just starting seventh grade, and continued for a total of eight years.) BLAH BLAH BLAH.....
Congratulations BIG BROWN!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



There I go reminiscing..

I'll be watching in 3 weeks at The Belmont. Maybe we'll have a NEW Triple Crown WINNER!!