Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I AM SO................. Upset and SAD

Senator Ted Kennedy has been diagnosed with brain cancer.

OMGosh, I could go on-and-on about the Kennedy's. I personally watched little John-John salute at his father's casket as it passed the US Capitol building on November 26, 1963. I was in the 3rd grade.

I sat and watched Teddy's speak at the 1980 Democratic Convention, one of the three best speeches I have EVER heard. It was a concession speech. Chappaquidic had done him in. I remember that too. Jimmy Carter went on to become the nominee.

I am VERY MUCH a Kennedy follower and fan. They were the ones who made my life.

"Ask NOT what your Country can do for you.
Ask what you can do for your Country."
It turned me into a GIVER. Are you a Giver or a Taker?

How many of us "baby boomers" will remember that?
What is a baby boomer anyway?