Monday, February 11, 2008

Amy Winehouse Cleans Up! 5 outta 6 ain't bad...

I was so happy to see Amy Winehouse looking good, performing well, and happy in winning her awards, live from London. If I'd of had the energy, I'd of posted a "I say Amy will Clean up" post yesterday, but I was too lazy (tired), I'm not lazy.

Great day, Pro Bowl, the Red Carpet, and then the crème-de-la-crème ~ The Grammy's.

I LOVE THE Grammy’s and these were the best in YEARs. All the great collaborations; Kid Rock and Keely Smith singing That Old Black Magic? Could you believe that one? GREAT!!! Alicia Keys and Frank Sinatra incredible! , John Mayer played that guitar like crazy with Alicia Keys in that cute silver number WHEW WEE Alicia!!

No joke, I was thinking last night as I was watching, ‘I’ve got to write about all this, but there’re SO many collaborations, I need to start making a list, I’ll never remember them all.’)

And, what about Fergie??? Who knew she had such a voice…. I’m buying her album TODAY! Not to mention Proud Mary done by Tina Turner and Beyonce with shorter, blonder hair ~ gorgeous!

I’m not a big Rianna fan, but her performance was GREAT too. I loved her little outfit. It was perfect with the production lighting and color

Can’t go without mentioning Kanye. His production of Stronger was super and Hey Mama was a tearjerker, with the big block letters MAMA scribed in the back of his head. “Last night I saw you in my dreams. Now I can't wait to go to sleep. Mama Mama. I'm so proud of you.....” Talk about TEARS!

AND, in Kanye’s acceptance speech, he was glad to say that he would not be ‘upset’ if Amy won the latter awards. We all know how Kanye can get when he loses…

On a personal note, that’s one thing for me, I rarely dream (they say because of my pain, I rarely go into REM sleep, thus the no dreaming.). Only one dream about Ernie since THE CRASH. Nels, on the other hand, has dreams with Ernie in them on the nightly.

The whole show was packed with pairing after pairing! Just incredible performances! The best Grammy Awards in years, I say (again) …