Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Oscars Tonight

I watched Michael Clayton the other night. I really liked it. George Clooney isn't one of my favorite actors. I can't say why, he just isn't. But, I liked the fact that they put the human side with his kid in it. That made it for me. Without that, I don't think I would have like it. The end was great!

Then last night I watched Blood Diamond. A bit long, but I like Leo. SO..... cute! It was interesting. Whenever anything of value is found in Africa the locals are ravaged and killed, ivory, diamonds, etc. The Government leaders rob the countries of their valuable resources and fill their off-shore banks. The rebels kill off the locals, for the crocked leaders. When the outside world or their countrymen finally rise up and another coup occurs, the leaders beat feet and go live in exile, in luxury, for the rest of their lives. It's disgusting. Remember Uganda's Idi Amin?

Well, Back to the Oscars....

I'm predicting

1. Danial Day Lewis - Best Actor
2. Marion Cotillard but I want Ellen Page - Best Actress
3. Jarier Bardem - he's now with Tom Cruise's ex Penelope Cruz - Supporting Actor
4. Kate Blanchett for I'm not There, but I want Amy Ryan for - Gone Baby Gone - Supporting Actress
5. No County for Old Men - BEST PICTURE
6. Cohen Brothers - Best Direction
7. Ratatouille - Animated Feature

OK, that's all I'm predicting. I haven't seen enough or know enough to predict art, sound, etc. Let's see how I do.