Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chelsea's Doing Fine

It's taken me a week to speak about David Shuster's "pimped out" comment. WHAT THE HECK??? Is he crazy? He should be fired, not just suspended. He'll be back on February 22. Humbug!


Chelsea is dang near 28 years old. Mitt Romney's son is an adult and he assists his dad. Al Gore's grown kids have assisted him. Why is it that Chelsea is said to be pimped out by her parents. Just horrible.

She believes in her mother's message, and she wants to help and campaign. I assisted my dad in campaigning for Dan Evans (our Governor back in the 60's & 70's) and my 80+ yr old grandma and I went doorbelling when I was in gradeschool. It was fun and I learned a lot. That's partly what got me interested in politics later on in life. My dad started delivering newspapers to the Governor's office as a boy of 8 years old, living in Olympia, and that I suppose, in part, got HIM interested in politics.

Lay off Chelsea. She is a beautiful young lady, and WAY old enough to decide if she wants to assist in her mother's campaign or not!

Here's more on the "PIMPED OUT" COMMENT:

(Via NewsBusters.)
Update: Holy bejesus! Hillary Clinton got word of Shuster's slimy commentary last night and responded today by threatening to boycott future presidential debates on the network. In a conference call with reporters, the Clinton campaign's communications director, Howard Wolfson, said: "I, at this point, can't envision a scenario where we would continue to engage in debates on that network." And, yes, that includes the scheduled Feb. 26 MSNBC debate from Ohio.


The network has temporarily suspended Shuster and apologized for his bilious outburst. Shuster offered his own non-apology today on "Morning Joe," but word is that he will offer an actual apology on "Tucker," tonight at 6 p.m. EST. We'll be watching.