Monday, February 11, 2008

What's In Your CD Player? While I'm Driving I Listen to ...

In order of my FAVORITEs

1. Amy Winehouse ~ Back to Black ... #5 my fav is the title track Back to Black. I just put the video on my MySpace page. I love it. The music is what you hear first, then I had to look up the lyrics to get them ALL. I love it even more now.

2. Kanye West ~ Graduation ... I like to put on #1 in the mornings. "Good Morning! Good Morning Mr. West, Mr. West ..." My son says he says Good Morning too many times for him. He's a grumpy butt though... I just love it! The whole CD is GREAT!!

3. Alicia Keys ~ AS I AM ... Of course #4, "No One, No One... " GREAT SONG!!

4. Chris Brown ~ Exclusive ... I'm just getting to know this one. It had GREAT reviews though. Lots of hip-hop collaborations. I just last week put Lil' Mama featuring Chris Brown & T-Pain's Shawty Get Loose video on my MySpace page (the day after it was released.) I wasn't familiar with Lil' Mama, but I saw the premiere of the video and it was REALLY good. Reminded me of an old Janet Jackson video. Great production!

5. Bruce Springsteen ~ Magic ... With all the listening to Amy, I haven't spent as much time listening to "my boyfriend" as I'd like. (I've got Amy & Kanye on all the time.) Guess I'll have to plan a ROAD TRIP...

6. Tupac ~ All Eyes On Me ... My favorite of Tupac's CD's. Been listening to this one since '96, A LOT. The track Can't C Me- Reminds me SO..... much of my Ernie, who was killed by a drunk driver in 2004. He was a rapper and music producer and was just heading to Full Sail Music College in Florida when THE CRASH occurred. He was/is MY HERO and always one-step ahead, thus the reference to Can't C Me. In the initial days following THE CRASH, that's all I had on my CD player. Talk about heartache! (Another story, for another day...)

7. Eminem ~ Re-Up ... Gotta have Mr. Marshall Mathers going on. Another rapper I, oddly enough, really like. When I heard Matt Lauer from the TODAY show say he kept Mr. Mathers in his CD player too, I felt justified!

8. Tupac ~ Redemption

9. Alicia Keys ~ Keys in A Minor ... Again, I just love her.

For Christmas I had the First (1985) VERY Special Christmas (LOVE IT, I've had to buy this sucker Three Times thanks to thieves), Bette Midler's Christmas CD, Josh Groban's Christmas CD, Luther Vandross Christmas CD, Boyz-2-Men's old Christmas CD, AND Amy, Kanye, Alicia, Eminem & Tupac, of course ...