Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gotta Give a SHOUT OUT to Danica Patrick

If you read my BLOG you KNOW I'm a sports fan. Keep up on things pretty much, even if auto racing is not one of my FAV's I gotta give credit when credit's due.

Ms Patrick is the FIRST FEMALE to win a major auto race winning Sunday's Honda's Indy 300 in Japan. WOO HOO!!! Danica!!!!

"I do feel kind of old today," Patrick quipped. "Yes, it's going to be one of those things that [is] remembered because it's a first. I've definitely thought about that before. I've hoped and wanted that as a person. I did think it would be nice to be the first female to win in history. With history going for a very long time, then I will be mentioned for a very long time."

"I thought a lot about it and a lot of races I had better opportunities than others. One of them was Motegi. It's where everything started in 2005. I always feel that I have that opportunity. I seem to have better results when I'm nervous and sometimes when I'm a little unsure and don't know what to expect. "

"It definitely felt like that with two days of rain and a flood coming down Turn 4. Those were things that came through my mind yesterday, that anything could happen and I needed to focus on the win."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Congrats Danica