Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Way to go BUDDEEE....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Tony (Eva Longoria) Parker had 32 pts, and Timmy threw in 18 in last night's amazing coming-from-behind (AGAIN) win against Shaq and his Pheonix Sun buddies. Putting them up 2-0 in this opening round series in the NBA 2008 Playoffs.

As you can see from my previous post, I watched most of the game, sort of, at least the last quarter and I have to admit I am a San Antonio fan.

I've watched as Mr. Tim Duncan career has developed over the years. Remember when he first came in the league and David Robinson helped bring him up along? I have clear memories of watching TV blurps about David having Timmy over for a little backyard one-on-one and mentoring.

Here's what the Spurs web site had to say about our/MY OL' FAV and Hall of Famer ~ #30 ~ David Robinson:

One of the top centers of all-time, David “The Admiral” Robinson was a marvel of a basketball player and a respected figure off the court. A lean, muscular, 7-1 athlete, he was fast, strong and agile. In his first six NBA seasons he won NBA Rookie of the Year, MVP and Defensive Player of the Year awards, in addition to a rebounding title, a scoring crown, six All-Star bids, three selections to the All-NBA First Team and three selections to the NBA All-Defensive First Team.

A contemporary of
Hakeem Olajuwon and Patrick Ewing, Robinson posted career averages of 21.1 points, 10.6 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game and won two championships -- the second one in his final season -- to stake his claim as one of the legends of the NBA.

Just thought I'd give us all a little history on how we even got to where we are today. Now, Timmy is giving back. Isn't that a "cute" (don't forget I'm a girl sports fan) pic of Tony & Timmy I found?