Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kanye West put on a show of ~ HIMSELF!!!!

Yes, there was great lighting, and a cool spaceship idea deal that he was stranded in outer space, trying to get HOME, but this concert was ALL KANYE.

No backup singers or dancers. No big production. No marching band. Just Kanye up there, all by himself, for the whole set, singing his heart out, song after song. FABULOUS!

Just a little interaction with his spaceship, and the lighting and stage was WAY cool. I just cannot get over how under produced it actually was for Kanye, but how COOL it was because it was HIM doing his thing BIG TIME! *May 2, 2008 update: ** OK, I've had to come back and rewrite this part. YOU SEE. I was sitting to the side of the stage, almost behind the stage some, you can see by the pic I took of Kanye. AND, the two BIG screens they had up were at the end where we were sitting, in fact one was LITERALLY directly above my HEAD. If it would have fallen, it would have killed me. (So, I couldn't see the screens either.) Anyway, I could not see the spaceship lights at all, so those cool pictures I have posted on May 1, I did not see that stuff.

I still saw enough to LOVE THE CONCERT none the less. It was FANTASTIC!!! So, when I made my comments the day after the concert that it was under produced for him, you have to understand that I just couldn't see what most saw and what Kanye. Just wanted to clarify that in case anyone reads this down the road. It wasn't UNDER-PRODUCED AT ALL. IT WAS SUPERDUPPERDUPPERDUPPER!!! WHEW!

I LOVED IT!!

Opening Acts:

LUPE FIASCO

PHARRELL ~ N.E.R.D

RIHANNA

THEN THE BIG GUY

I tried to tell her she needed to get dressed up. Look cute, hip, get your nails & hair done. BUT NO!!!!!! She did not believe me and HAD to run upstairs and change her clothes. SO...... funny!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Joan is reading the Ticketmaster e-mail about the tickets, mad she's not going. Oops!
Silly is doing the, "I am going to Kanye," dance. :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My post on Kanye's BLOG
DeeWA2007 April 17, 2008
I was THERE! I loved those SHOES. I want to get some for my YOUNGEST son, he's now 25. He couldn't go, so I took my step-daughter. Just Kanye, the lights, his spaceship and the stage. He put on a SHOW! BIG TIME!!! JUST HE HIMSELF & YE! No dancers, no backup singers, just Ye doin' his thing... AGAIN ~ BIG TIME. I loved it, I loved it, I loved it.

Lupe Fiasco"The Coolest" "Go Go Gadget Flow" "Paris, Tokyo" "Hello/Goodbye" "Little Weapon" "Hip-Hop Saved My Life" "I Gotcha" "Streets on Fire" "Fighters" "Day Dreamin'" "Kick, Push" "Superstar"
N.E.R.D. "Anti-Matter"*"Babydoll" "Brain" "Spaz"*"Everyone Nose" "She Wants To Move" "Rock Star" "Lapdance" "Interlude (Drum-Off)" "Seven Nation Army (White Stripes Cover)"
Rihanna Rihanna did not follow the same set list every night. Her set included a subset of the following songs:"Breakin' Dishes" "Rehab" "Pon De Replay" "Doo Wop (That Thing)" (Lauryn Hill cover) "Break It Off" "Paper Planes" -- (M.I.A cover) "Shut Up And Drive" "SOS" "Hate That I Love You" "Unfaithful" "Take a Bow" "Don't Stop The Music" "Umbrella" "Push Up On Me" "Umbrella/Cinderella" (Remix)(featuring Chris Brown)
Kanye West "Good Morning" "I Wonder" "Heard 'Em Say" "Through the Wire" "Champion" "Get 'Em High" "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" "Can't Tell Me Nothing" "Flashing Lights" "Spaceship" "All Falls Down" "Gold Digger" "Good Life" "Jesus Walks" "Hey Mama" "Don't Stop Believing" (Journey cover) "Stronger" "Homecoming" "Touch the Sky"