Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I AM SO...... SAD.....

I JUST found out that Danny Federici passed away. OMGoodness.... That is soooo.... sad.

I'd be willing to bet that my few friends who stop by to read my words of wisdom and blurps of news here and there, along with a bit of what's going with me [not so much] are probably saying, 'Who the heck is he?'

He's an E Streeter, that's who. AND, it was only just a couple of months ago that he announced that he would not be touring with THE BOSS and the rest of the E Street Band on his new World Tour, and that he had melanoma. Usually that's a treatable cancer, a skin cancer, so I was shocked and so sad to see he had passed away.

I have gone to see Bruce Springsteen more than anyone else EVER. I've been in 9th & 20th row right in front of the stage., and the 2nd row of the 2nd section back AND of course up in the upper level too. And, in 1989, when Ernie was about 9 yrs old we all spent the night in line down at the old Bon Marche with my friend Maggie Blomgren to get tickets. That was so much fun. Barbecuing, watching portable TV's (yes they even had SOME in 89) singing Bruce songs. That was a GREAT night and Ernie had such fun. Maggie was killed in a car accident. That next year at age 37, I think I was about 33 or 34. My best friend from Church. I really had a hard time with that one, Five years clean-and-sober and my best friend from church taken from us like that. She'd just gotten engaged, first marriage. Man.....

BUT, I have the BEST picture of Maggie & Ernie in line for those Bruce tickets with Ernie on a lounge chair giving me the thumbs up. I am smiling RIGHT NOW..... That's a good thing. GOOD MEMORIES. That's all I have left now! I'll try to find it and post it later.

Anyway, back to Danny. I want to send a SHOUT OUT TO BRUCE and THE E STREET BAND. I will pray for all of you and Danny's friends and FAMILY...